Paradise Pet vs. Dog Sitters
The term “pet sitter” implies someone “sits” with your pet the entire time you are gone, however….
In most cases, the term “pet checker” would apply since most home services just check on your pet once or twice during a 24-hour period. Many times there is little or no supervision, exercise or companionship.
There are differences you should be aware of before you leave your pet HOME ALONE with a “pet checker” or with our attentive pet care professionals at Paradise Pet Hotel.
Many misconceptions exist between what pet care professionals can provide and what pet checkers do in the absence of pet owners. Since we have a genuine interest in the well-being of the pets we care for, here are some points to consider:
Pet Checker Situation:
- Pet left HOME ALONE as much as 23 out of 24 Hours
- Pet may suffer from separation anxiety and extreme boredom
- With no social interaction the pet may become ill or bark nonstop
- Pet may suffer needlessly due to delayed treatment for illness or accident
- Pet may destroy home, yard and belongings or even forget house training
- Pet may run away to find his owner or hurt himself trying, especially during thunderstorms and fireworks
The Positive Alternative:
Paradise Pet Hotel offers a structured social environment with loving caregivers and other pets present. Social interaction and routines are designed for the pet’s physical and emotional health.
Many pets that end up as strays or in shelters have escaped from the yard while the owner was away. Our facility has complete perimeter fencing and all guests are continually monitored.
Disorders such as bloat, diarrhea and heatstroke need prompt attention. At home accidents such as ingesting household poisons, injuries or bee stings can be fatal if not treated immediately. Boarded pets are continually monitored for early signs of illness or stress by our full-time trained staff. Your pet’s well-being is our 1st priority.
Pets requiring regular medication should receive it on schedule and be monitored for side effects. Every effort will be made to keep convalescing pets comfortable and clean.
- Our state-of-the-art facility offers spacious, private indoor/outdoor suites for all of our guests.
- All suites are cleaned and disinfected twice a day and in between, if needed.
- Fresh water is available at all times.
- We supply quality food at no extra cost (if you prefer, you may bring your own)
- The indoor facility is climate-controlled with heated floors and fresh air exchange.
- Windows and music, (canine lullabies at night) in the boarding facility, offer a bright, cheerful atmosphere.
- All dogs are exercised in our play area outside (weather permitting ) or inside 4 times a day.
- A daily report is kept on each pet to monitor health, attitude, food intake, medication administered and waste.
- Full grooming or bath, brush- out and nails are offered to all guests, for an extra charge, on last day of boarding.